I admit that I have never been a super patient person. And I have been spoiled: my first baby was born 22 days early, and my secondborn was born 12 days early. With 8 days til my official duedate, that now makes me the most pregnant that I have been. The hardest part is that I thought (and my doctor concurred) that labor was imminent 3 weeks ago, and was quite worried that a newborn might prevent us from participating in my brother-in-law's wedding last weekend. So I lay low to keep contractions at bay and made it through the wedding, with everyone telling me, "Now you can go home and have the baby!" But, mysteriously, the contractions lessened and another week has passed, despite my doctor telling me on Tuesday that she thought I might go into labor that night!
This has been a lesson in patience and control. As much as I'd like to think I have control, I don't. I can do all the walking, squats, mopping of the floors, eating of spicy foods, etc. that I can, but ultimately this baby's arrival is out of my hands. As much as I would've loved for her to be born on Matt's birthday or Easter Sunday (or just an even date, is that too much to ask?), I have to constantly remind myself that this isn't a choice I get to have, and that I need to be content in the waiting. So I am working to appreciate the little blessings: I got to go to church, I can enjoy the beautiful spring weather we've been having, I got yet another full night's sleep. And once baby girl makes her debut, all this waiting and questioning will be forgotten. I can't wait (but will) to meet her!
No comments:
Post a Comment