I woke up about 1am on April 9 with contractions 4-5 minutes apart and after 20 minutes knew it was time to head to the hospital, which fortunately we live very close to. As soon as Matt's sister arrived to stay with the kids, we were on our way. I was checked in at 1:45am and things progressed quickly! I was dilated to 6 when I got there and as they wheeled me to labor and delivery, my water broke.
Now, I am a baby about pain and would never choose to go without an epidural, but I had no choice! Within minutes, I knew I needed to push and was yelling for a doctor. A team quickly assembled and by 2:41am, we had our little girl. It was a little traumatic having it go so quickly but also kind of exciting to be the one the nurses talked about that night. "Oh, are you the one who had her baby as soon as she got here?"
So here we are, staring down at another incredible miracle of a healthy child. And as you can see, she's quite a beautiful gift we've been given.
While we're a bit sleep deprived, we are all so thankful to have welcomed Molly Rose into our family.
1 comment:
so sweet!
Post a Comment