Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer is your oyster

Summer is wonderful because there is so much to get out and do!  If I had my way, I think I would just pack every day full of exploring all that it has to offer.  Though I realize that it's also great to have days where there is nothing on the agenda and the kids can enjoy hours outside of pure, uninterrupted PLAY.

However, on this beautiful sunny day we got out to enjoy not one, but two delights of summer.

In the morning we enjojyed the Farmer's Market, only a mile from our house.  (No, we didn't walk--this mama's not that ambitious.  Not yet, anyway.)

We took in the variety of sights, sounds and tastes--from the flower bouquets, to the honey sticks, to the man who sings and plays his guitar.

We came home with a variety of scrumptious treats:

And by late afternoon, we were ready to set out again-this time to check out what a nearby town's Western Week had to offer.  At any rate, I needed an excuse to wear my bridesmaid boots again:


 It was classic small town Americana and we enjoyed all it had to offer, especially watching the dance performances.

Our last stop was at the blacksmith's where the kids were more interested in testing out his various rocking horses rather than watching his demonstrations of wielding metal hot from the fire.

All in all, it was a full summer day.  The world is your oyster-get out and explore it!
Linking up to Living the Width Vol. II at the Terpblog


No comments: