I'm a big baby when it comes to winter. I hate the cold...it makes me hunch up my shoulders, squint my eyes and long to be inside. At one point I even questioned whether I should marry Matt because it meant staying in this climate!
This winter has been particularly awful, with 100+inches of snow (and it's not over yet.) The kids seem to go from one illness to another, we can easily go a week without even seeing our neighbors, the drafts creep into our house. I tend to wear my coat most of the time. I eat most of the time too, as if another layer around my middle will offer warmth or comfort. I take naps. I feel less than motivated. I know I should take my kids out for some fresh air, but I rarely do. All the work that goes into bundling them up (and those annoying mittens that never stay on!) hardly seems worth the 10 minutes it takes for us to get too cold to stay out longer. All this to say, I think I'm probably meant for hibernation, and that is possibly what accounts for my blogging hiatus. But then I think about it, and I am glad that I'm not hibernating, because then I would've missed moments like these:

No comments:
Post a Comment