We got to spend the weekend at a beautiful resort and waterpark with a friend who was celebrating his 30th birthday. Despite my cat-like tendency to hate getting wet (especially when it's snowing outside) we all had a lot of fun. The kids loved splashing around in the water and going down the water slides. It seems that Lauren and I share an enjoyment of trying new things - she gamely went down the biggest waterslides with us without a speck of fear. (Though one got her especially wet and she said she didn't want to go on it again.) For my part, I gave bodysurfing a try. My first time went pretty well--the other times I ended up hurling myself down and getting stuck. For some reason, I've never really been afraid to make a fool of myself. Maybe life is more fun that way.


No comments:
Post a Comment