If you want time to speed up, I suggest having children. While there are definitely some minutes and hours that will drag by (think middle of the night feedings, sitting in the waiting room with a sick child, whining in the checkout lane), and so many amazing feats can take place in a year (walking, learning to speak, eating real food) that sometimes you can't believe it's ONLY been a year since...But overall, I have this sense of sand slipping through an hourglass...these precious grains of life are passing by so quickly and I can hardly believe my baby is two and before I know it, she'll be four, then eight...and so on. I know one day I'm going to look back and desperately miss being able to hold Lauren on my lap for yet another reading of "Gossie" or being able to kiss on Jackson's incredibly smoochable cheeks to my heart's content. So may I be grateful for every day...even the hard ones...
We didn't have the most eventful birthday...her actual party was postponed because I had the stomach flu (I hadn't puked in 8 years!) and so we ended up splitting it up over the next week. We didn't give her anything too exciting as we're trying not to be *too* materialistic (ha, but we're Americans, so any attempt is somewhat laughable in the face of the world's standards) but I think she had a good time and felt loved, and that is what truly matters. Oh, and for the big event she got most of her hair cut off into a very French-looking "bob." I wasn't sure about doing it but I think it suits her.
We didn't have the most eventful birthday...her actual party was postponed because I had the stomach flu (I hadn't puked in 8 years!) and so we ended up splitting it up over the next week. We didn't give her anything too exciting as we're trying not to be *too* materialistic (ha, but we're Americans, so any attempt is somewhat laughable in the face of the world's standards) but I think she had a good time and felt loved, and that is what truly matters. Oh, and for the big event she got most of her hair cut off into a very French-looking "bob." I wasn't sure about doing it but I think it suits her.

No comments:
Post a Comment