Thursday, May 24, 2012

Almond Cake with Strawberries


As I may have mentioned before I really, really like almond flavor.  This spring, with strawberry season almost upon us, and strawberries already on sale at the grocery store, I decided I'd like to combine two of my favorites and found this recipe for an almond cake paired with strawberries. 

I'm grateful to Sara for coming up with this simple, yet delicious treat.  Just a note-she doesn't mention how much whipping cream she uses-I bought an 8oz container and found that only made enough for a center layer. But because I made my almond glaze thicker (more like frosting), it worked really well and I would do it my way again next time as it was just the right amount of creamy and sweet for me.

I'm looking forward to the next time I'm asked to bring dessert somewhere so I can share the yumminess. :)

No comments: