Sunday, September 11, 2011

I am so proud of this girl....

This image will forever be etched in my mind...It was Lauren's first day of kindergarten. Not only did she bravely board the bus, but she headed to a classroom twice the size of her Pre-K class last year, where she wouldn't understand a word because everything's taught in Spanish. My heart was in my throat as I saw her off, wondering how I could just let her go like that! But of course, she was just fine when I picked her up, and despite the language barrier, she says she really likes kindergarten after Week One.

And on Saturday, she faced another milestone: her first soccer game! She ran her little heart out, blocked the ball and even scored a few goals. So yeah, I'm proud of you, Lauren...and I can't wait to see all you're going to do and learn this year.

1 comment: