In the profession of motherhood, there are few tasks I find immediately rewarding. Perhaps that is why, since the arrival of #3, I've taken to baking on a regular basis. Unlike laundry, cleaning, or picking up, which seem to start over the minute you "finish," baking results in a tangible and enjoyable end-product.
This is one of my very favorite recipes (so much so that I almost don't want to share it). I have loved almond tarts since my Beppe, a "lekkerbek" (sweet tooth) like me, would treat me to them at the Dutch bakery when I was a little girl. It has become a tradition for me to bake them at Christmas but tonight I whipped up a batch for my bookclub--and several of the ladies asked for the recipe!
Dough:
2 c. flour
2 sticks butter
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 large egg
Mix these ingredients into a dough. Roll into balls and put into muffin pan-shape into a cup. (I find that muffin liners are helpful, but not necessary if you really grease your pan.)
Filling:
1 cup almond paste
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2 T. milk
Mix together (high speed) and put spoonful into each cup. (The filling will rise a bit)
Bake 25-30min at 350 or until golden brown crust has formed on the pastry.
Enjoy!

2 comments:
that's funny, I've been baking more since #3 too! these look delicious!
These sounds so yummy!!
Post a Comment