Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back to Blogging

So, it's been almost FIVE MONTHS since my last entry...in that time, we've moved the kids into bunk beds (they love it), gotten a mini-van (short term basis ONLY), and I've put on quite a bit of weight. That's right, we're expecting our third child in about 2 months!

I tend to become a bit of a hermit during pregnancy...but right now I'm in my giggly, let's get in as much fun as we can before she arrives phase. Trying to enjoy time with my big kids...I just love the stages they are in now. And I'm enjoying some good girl time where I can since I know very soon I will be homebound for quite some time. This past weekend I was able to attend our church's women's retreat and it was good to get to know some of the other women as well as reflect on a great message from Cindy Bultema. I loved what she had to say about contentment, and about weeding out the things we do to give us a false sense of contentment, rather than looking to our God. This was good preparation for me as I plan to give up shopping for Lent. (Grocery shopping doesn't count, anything extra does.)
I also loved what she had to say about how we should be so aware of our Father's love for us that our response should be "I love you, too" rather than just telling God we love him. Which especially struck me because Jackson is always saying "I love you too, Mommy" regardless of whether I've told him first that I love him. I've thought about teaching him to just say "I love you" and drop the "too" but now I have a whole new pespective. :)

1 comment:

Cindy Bultema said...

Hi Lisa :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I had the best time with you and your Neland sisters this weekend. What fun! :)
Have a SUPER week. Many blessings to you and your family!
Cindy :)